Check out photos of products engineered right here at R-D, ranging from unassembled sheet metal parts to powder-coated, custom-branded, fully assembled and distribution-ready products.
SERVICES | ASSEMBLY
Our mechanical assembly department closes the gap between inventoried components and ready-for-use assemblies. Services include basic hardware installation, component sub-assembly, and complete mechanical assembly from multi-layer BOMs.
Some examples include:
At the onset of each project we put into place a plan of operations, detailed to customer specifications. The plan ensures that every department team is equipped to participate in our global quality initiative. When R-D Manufacturing produces your product it's our full company project from start to finish.
- Panels: latches, hinges, handles installed. Unit shipped ready for final assembly
- Enclosures/Chassis: pre-assembled. Unit is ready for electronic or electro-mechanical population
- Kits: Multiple components kitted for streamlined assembly processing or ready to ship for on-site assembly
- Finished Goods: Private Label Products completely assembled, packaged with hardware and documentation, and barcode labeled for distribution
- Inventory control, fewer part numbers to track
- Quantities are always in sync, avoiding individual component shortages or overstock
- Eliminates excessive packaging, limits consumption of valuable time and materials
- Eliminates pre-assembly operations, assemblies arrive ready to populate or marry with mating sub-assemblies
- Fit-up is ensured. Pre-assembly inherently qualifies fit-up, disruptive fit-up issues are eliminated